Every student class type must submit a monthly financial report to the Ministry Service Center.
This document provides instructions to assist in completing the report using the 600 Series Student Class Financial workbook.
Begin with an up-to-date 600 Series Student Class Financial workbook.
•Use Microsoft excel software to complete workbook.
•Download the 600 Series Student Class Financial workbook from FISHER>Resources or by clicking the link above.
Complete the Weekly Bank Deposits tab
•Input the general information section at the top of spreadsheet:
– Class name and state.
– Class Financial ID.
– Choose class type from the drop down menu.
– This will autofill across each week.
•Allocate money collected to the appropriate income category.
– Input information of persons reporting on cash and checks.
•Name of person counting donations and identifying fund allocation.
•Name of person verifying donation amounts and fund allocation.
– Count and input total amount of cash and checks collected for each of the following categories:
•Student and Leader Registrations.
•Mustard Seed Registrations.
•Local Operating Fund Donations.
•General Fund Donations.
•General Fund, designated.
1.If designation name, such as a Region or Country, is not listed, add name in the column under “General”.
– Repeat process for each week of reporting month.
Complete the Monthly Income-Expenses tab
•Verify that the general class information is auto-populated from the Weekly Bank Deposit.
•Input the beginning balances for the LOF.
– Use the ending balance of the previous month’s report which is found on the Master #626 tab.
•Account for all current month income.
– Verify that the income totals for each specified fund category is auto-populated from the Weekly Bank Deposits tab.
– Input the amount ($) of the following items, using the current month’s bank statement
•MSC Monthly Electronic Fund Transfer for Local Fund.
•MSC Monthly Electronic Fund Transfer for Registration Send Back.
– Verify that the monthly income total is auto-calculated.
•Account for all current month expenses.
– Account for each transaction and include the following information:
•Date of transaction.
•Check #, if applicable.
• Fund Category.
1. Choose from the drop-down menu.
– Verify that the monthly expense total is auto-calculated.
Review Form Master #626 tab
•Verify that the month, year, class name and class ID# is auto-populated.
•Verify that the beginning fund balances are equal to the previous month’s ending fund balance.
• Verify that the income total equals the income total on the Monthly Income-Expense tab.
•Verify that the expense total equals the expense total on the Monthly Income-Expense tab.
Reconcile Bank Statement using Reconciliation tab
•Input the ending balance of your bank statement.
•Input the number and amount of every check in the current or previous months that does not show as cleared on the bank statement.
•Do not include checks for the next month.
•Input each deposit that does not show as cleared on the bank statement.
•Verify that the amount of the reconciled balance is the ending balance on the bank statement.
If not, check for errors in what was entered into the Reconciliation tab.
Prepare Monthly Financial Report for submission
• Write a check payable to ‘Community Bible Study’ for the amount of line (18) on Master #626 tab
• Print 2 copies of the 600 Series workbook, include the Weekly Bank Deposit, Income and Expense Report, Master #626 and Reconciliation.
– Keep one copy for class records.
– Include one copy for Monthly Financial Report.
• Gather all contribution envelopes, expense receipts, and bank deposit slips for current month (originals are preferred)
– Print a copy of contribution envelopes, expense receipts, and bank deposit slips and keep for class records.
– Include originals of contribution envelopes, expense receipts, and bank deposit slips in the Monthly Financial Report sent to MSC.
– Use paper clips, if necessary.
– Do not use staples.
• Mail the following in this order to the Ministry Service Center, Community Bible Study, 790 Stout Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80921:
• Check made out to Community Bible Study
• Contribution Envelopes
• Master #626
• Monthly Income-Expenses worksheet
• Expense receipts
• Weekly Bank Deposits worksheet
• Bank deposit slips
• Bank statement
• Keep a copy in class records for 2 years. After 2 years, these records should be destroyed.